The American Nurses Credentialing Center invites you to submit a nomination for the annual Pathway Nurse of the Year AwardTM. The Pathway Nurse of the Year Award recognizes the outstanding contributions of one nurse leader, one direct care nurse, and one nurse partner globally from Pathway-designated organizations, who have positively impacted the practice environment by role modeling exceptional professionalism and leadership in working collaboratively with team members and integrating clinical expertise with compassionate patient/resident interactions.
Read the Eligibility Criteria and acknowledge compliance.
Enter title of nomination, nominator email, and nominee qualifications.
Assign the nominee to the Pathway Nurse of the Year (nurse leader, direct care nurse or nurse partner).
Enter name, affiliation, and contact information for nominator, nominee, and CNO/DON Endorser
The nominator's online submission must include:
- Nominee's resume (3-page maximum): Must outline his or her credentials, educational background, work experience, professional activities, publications, presentations or projects, and full contact information—nominee name, credentials, home address, email address, and direct phone number.
- Narrative essay: 500 words or fewer, written by the nominator, demonstrating the contributions the Pathway nurse leader, direct care nurse or nurse partner nominee has made in the Pathway-designated organization to include:
- How the nominee’s contributions exemplify living at least two (2) of the Pathway Standards with a focus on the individual's contributions as defined by the two criteria (a and b) listed below:
- Role modeling exceptional professionalism and leadership in working collaboratively with team members.
- Integrating clinical expertise with compassionate patient/resident interactions.
- Letter of endorsement: limited to one page from the chief nursing officer or LTC director of nursing (CNO/DON) of the nominating Pathway-designated organization describing why the nominee should be chosen as the Pathway Nurse of the Year (nurse leader, direct care nurse, nurse partner) to include:
- How the nominee’s contributions exemplify living at least two (2) of the Pathway Standards with a focus on the individual’s contributions as defined by the two criteria (a and b) below:
- Role modeling exceptional professionalism and leadership in working collaboratively with team members
- Integrating clinical expertise with compassionate patient interactions
- The CNO/DON must write the letter of endorsement on official organization letterhead and must include his or her full contact information—CNO/DON name, credentials, email address, direct phone number, and organization address. The CNO/DON must sign the letter of endorsement.
You will have a chance to look over the submission to make sure all is complete.
Submission Process and Deadline Date
Nominators must complete submissions through the online submission website. The website details all nomination information and walks nominators through the submission process step-by-step.
Nominators must complete submissions by 11:59 p.m. EDT on Friday, April 28, 2023.
Please Note: ANCC will review only completed applications.
The Pathway Nurse of the Year Award committee will only consider properly submitted nominations and material submitted with or in support thereof.
Material submitted with or in support of any nomination shall be received on the conditions that:
- The Pathway Nurse of the Year Award committee shall have permission to use, and display submitted materials in any manner it deems appropriate and to not return such material or any portion thereof to the nominee or nominators.
- The Pathway Nurse of the Year Award committee may make such disclosure of the names of the nominees and of the work disclosed in such material as the committee deems appropriate.
- No claim shall be made, and no action shall be brought against the American Nurses Credentialing Center, its board of directors, employees, or members of the Pathway Nurse of the Year Award committee arising out of the use made of such application material or of any such disclosure.
- The decision of the Pathway Nurse of the Year Award committee is final. If the Pathway Nurse of the Year Award committee does not consider any nominations suitable in the three categories during a given year, ANCC shall not give a Pathway Nurse of the Year Award in that category.
- Submitting a nomination constitutes agreement that each representative submitting the nomination and each nominee agrees to be bound by the rules of the Pathway Nurse of the Year Award program.
ANCC will present the Pathway Nurse of the Year AwardTM to one nurse leader, one direct care nurse and one nurse partner during the ANCC Pathway to Excellence® and ANCC National Magnet Conference® in Chicago, IL on October 12-14, 2023.
The awardee will receive: stipend for travel costs to the ANCC Pathway to Excellence® and ANCC National Magnet Conference®; Conference registration fee; Award presentation onstage at the Conference; Recognition during the ANCC Pathway Nurse of the Year reception during the Conference with an invitation extended to registered conference attendees from the winner's Pathway-designated organization; Pathway Nurse of the Year crystal award, engraved with winner's name, credentials, and award category; Invitation to the Pathway leadership Luncheon; Lab coat embossed with name, credentials, and award category, and a lapel pin; Professional photos and videos taken at the Conference; and Award announcements on the ANCC website and ANA media platforms.
In addition, responsibilities of the winner: Keep the award confidential until announced at the conference; be a member on the Review committee the year after and contribute to an article with the Pathway Program Office for Nursing Management Journal (Pathway Nurse of the Year).